Monday, March 26, 2007

Konchog, Floki


I can't believe I've never mentioned Konchog. He's this big American Buddhist monk. He cuts one of the most distinctive figures in UB, running around the city in his orange and red robes. I caught him last year in the Turkish restaurant across the street. Turns out he is living pretty much next door to me, on the other side of Centrepoint. Very nice guy. I see him every once in a while. Last December, we chatted near the State Department Store amidst the Santa Claus decorations, and I couldn't resist tossing him a cheeky "Merry Christmas." His response was "Yeah, thanks," which is nearly how I respond to the phrase. Anyway, he's looking for a home for his young St. Bernard, Floki, so if you know anyone in the Mongolian countryside who could take care of a big dog, let him know: Dreaming of Danzan Ravjaa - Konchog is a formidable blogger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Radigan! Come on over and I'll have this month's "gift envelope" ready.

Radigan Neuhalfen said...

I just saw you from my balcony ten minutes ago walking Floki around Centrepoint.